Monday, May 7, 2007

The Ultimate Compliment

Jennifer wanted a tattoo long before her 18th birthday. She could not wait for that day to come. For a couple of years she told me her first tattoo would say "I want my mommy". Now, that alone made me very happy. One day she was going through a box or something and came across one of my drawing from 1992. She immediately knew this had to be her first tattoo. That made me soooooo happy. To have my artwork on some one's body forever. What a compliment.
When I asked her why THAT drawing, she said, "because then I will always remember you." I believe my reply was something like "you mean you would forget me if that was not there?" She laughed and made it clear she would not forget me. She meant I would be with her always, no matter what. I feel so honored and amazed that Jen could pick out a tattoo that means so much to her for her 1st. On her 18th birthday she got it done. The studio was closed on her birthday but she convinced the artist to open just for her. It was great. He even put my signature on the tattoo. I WILL be with her always. What a memory.

3 comments:

toners said...

Wow! Gorgeous artwork.

Brenda Smith said...

I love the shot of Jen's face. You captured everything perfectly! Wanna make a drawing for me to have a tattoo???

DiaHarris said...

i wish i can have black star tattoo..!! :)
but i just can't have it!!