Sunday, May 6, 2007

10 things



10 things that make me smile ALWAYS

1.) Receiving flowers for no apparent reason. Just out of the blue.

2.) Barney's laugh. He is the owner of the company I work for. He is not in the office but once a month. When he laughs it is loud, bold and comes straight from his gut. It's a great laugh.

3.) The giggle of a small baby.

4.) Winning something. Who would not smile if they won something? So unexpected.

5.) Accomplishing something I never thought I could do. Like sky diving or flying through the jungle of Honduras on a zip line BEFORE you get hurt. After you get hurt it's all bad. Trust me. Swimming with Sting Rays rates right up there too. AND hand feeding sharks.

6.) Unexpected money coming my way. You know you would smile too.

7.) Random acts of kindness. Mostly when I am the giver but receiving ranks right up there. It's just an all over good, warm fuzzy feeling when you give.

8.) Seeing an older couple (like 70 and up) holding hands like they just met and fell in love. I so want this when I get married. If I can't have it I wont get married. That's why I am still single. I may always be single. I refuse to settle for something other than what I want. He does not have to be perfect. I just want to be passionately IN LOVE (and act like it) for the rest of my life with the same man.

9.) Showing someone what I created just for them and they totally LOVE it. That's when I know I have done good.

10.) A GREAT practical joke. Even if I am the one it gets played on. But being the player is always the best.

Now, some of you may be surprised why I did not mention things regarding my daughter, dogs, family or friends. I would, but the challenge was to name 10 things that ALWAYS make me smile. As much as I love the people I did not mention, I do not ALWAYS smile every time. I would like to but that is just not possible. That does not mean I love them any less.

What 10 things make you smile ALWAYS?

2 comments:

toners said...

Giggles! I love hearing unprompted giggles and big, hearty laughs :)

Brenda Smith said...

Love the loud laugh you have Deb, (just like mine). Makes me smile. Oh, and that story about one night you woke up, and didn't realize your arm fell asleep and you thought a stranger was in your bed...you screamed but couldn't get the arm off you! That still makes me laugh every time!