Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Metal Dogs & Mothers Day

Aren't these kind of Cool? I was at the Sonoma County Animal Shelter yesterday and saw these dogs made from sheet metal. These had to take some serious time to make. And who would have thought to find someone to do this?

For those of you that have not been to the shelter for awhile, they have undergone some serious remodeling. There is a hospital now right along side the adoption center. The adoption center itself now has rooms you can visit with all of the adoptable pets inside. It's like a home away from home for these lost pets.

I adopted my Ginger from there and I never looked back. We were serious sole mates until she passed away. A couple of my other friends have adopted their pets there and are oh so happy. I recommend adoption to every body if your thinking about owning a pet.

Are you wondering if I am adopting again? No. Again, the answer is no. Jennifer's cat Roxy went there to get fixed. I had to drop her off and pick her up. If you have ever heard a cat in heat you would know why we chose to do this to her. Talk about howling. Whew! So annoying. The Dr. told me she had just gone into heat again. Thank God we had this done. I am not sure I could go thru another week of her howling in the middle of the night. She was still groggy when I brought her home but she is doing fine.


On another note. Jennifer created a blog because "mom is computer illiterate and she felt stupid" so she joined the blog world. Now, here is why it bothers me. Brenda, Nikki and I have been trying to figure out how to customize our headings. Little brat Jennifer customized hers with her picture and the title on the picture. Go figure! I am going to have to hit her over the head to show me how she did it. But, if I do that she will just tell me how illiterate I am and get all annoyed that she has to show me how. I created my whole blog without her help and now I gotta ask for it. I am not looking forward to it but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want. Wish me luck.

Two Peas had a blog challenge on "how do you celebrate mothers day?" Well Jen and I used to go to Marine World every year together. It is one of the times every year where there are no huge crowds. You can get on any ride within 5 min. So cool you don't have to wait in line for 45 min. With no huge crowds it is so much more relaxing. You could even go at 3pm and do everything you want to do before the park closes. We have not done this for the last couple of years. Maybe this year. Maybe not. I kind of miss it and I know they have made some big changes to the park. Like the name. It is called Discovery Kingdom or something like that now. I cant remember. I am too old.

Happy Creating.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That IS really neat!!!!

Finding Myself said...

AWWWWWWWW mommy spoke to soon!!!! You just said yesterday that I can't call you illiterate because you figured it out "all" out "by yourself" But just this mourning I think I told you how to do the picture thing!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH