Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ginger Retreat

Ginger made so many Scrapbooking friends. As I said earlier she touched so many people in so many ways. She had more friends than most dogs I know. When she passed away I had decided I wanted to do a Scrapbook Retreat in her memory. I organized it at a location we had retreats in the past. Ginger loved to go on these retreats this particular place was her favorite. It only seemed fitting we should go there again. I had a memorial area set up for her. She attended the crop with us (she's in the box). We had a candle lit the entire weekend for her. There is a scrapbook for attendees to do a "Ginger layout" in her memory. All the Layouts went into this album for me. There was a contest for the best layout and the prize was the blue basket filled with pampering product. We ended up with some amazing layouts of how Ginger was a friend to each person. There were 24 ladies that attended this retreat and many more that wanted to come but there was no more room for them. That should tell you how many scrapping friends she had and how we all miss her. We had a great time.


We scrapped a lot.

There were also four other dogs there that were Ginger's best friends. I don't have a picture of them. Molly, Gidget, Joey and Cookie miss her and will miss the barking, running times they had together.


We danced like there was no tomarrow.

Ginger loved to dance with me.




We had a pajama party Saturday night.

Ginger loved to cuddle up to me when I got my Jammie's on.




And at 11:00 pm Nikki surprised us all with Starbucks. She drove about 40 minutes to bring us this surprise. She's the best.

Ginger loved doggie frapacino's. Otherwise known as whip cream in a lid just for her.


Nikki even created a Ginger layout while she was there. She had some scraps in the trunk.



Overall it was a great weekend and a huge success. I just wish Ginger could have been there with us. But it was a great event for her memorial and reflection on what a great friend she was to so many people. We all love her.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What fun!!!!!!