Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tnkerbell rocks


Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE Tinkerbell. She rocks! She is so sassy and just plain sexy. When I was young I wanted to be just like her. I hate the product that is made where she is smiling all sweetly. That is so wrong. Tink is NOT sweet.
When I visit Disneyland I simply MUST stay to see the beginning of the fireworks. It is the only time you will see Tink. She flys from the Matterhorn to the top of the castle just before the fireworks start.
WELL, not during Disney's 50th anniversary week. Brenda and I were standing there waiting and waiting to get my glimpse of Tink. The show finally started and WOW! Not only did Tink fly her usual route but she kept flying. All over the sky. It was the coolest. I could feel the lump in my throat. Dumb huh? Then if that was not enough she came back out towards the end of the show and flew around more. Again, the lump started. I was trying desperately not to look like an overgrown fool. Just about that time I could hear Brenda behind me "there she is Deb. Oh my" or something to that effect. And THEN I heard her voice crack and a little whimper come out. She was crying too. Yep, that did me in. The tears poured. I know I know a couple of whimpering dorks we are. But it really was the coolest thing to see.
And I thought it was great when Tink was in the parade. She has NEVER been in the parade. Yep, that was nothing compared to her flying all over. I am so glad I got to go during the 50th anniversary celebration. And, I was thankful it was Brenda I got to share it with.
This layout was done at a crop with Ali Edwards. Brenda and Nikki were teasing me because I was embarrassed about the journaling. THEN when we were leaving Ali says to me "I hear you got some great journaling about Tinkerbell" Ahhhhhhhh! Brenda is a brat! She told Ali all about my journaling and Ali played along with the joke. How embarrassing.
Have a Creative Day.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Yup, my daughter loves Tink too...so much she made a Tinkerbell costume two years ago (after we were at DL in 2005 too). And being 14, she sure was an "adult" Tink! It was beautiful!

Brenda Smith said...

We had so much fun! *sniff* *sniff* She was beautiful!

Jaime said...

Love the layout, esp. the circle embellishments.

Don't feel silly about the choking up. Disneyland is a magical place. : )