Friday, May 11, 2007

My Soulmate



This is Ginger. She was and still is my Soul mate. She passed away Dec. 2005 by choking on her food. It was a horrible experience to say the least. I adopted her when she was 6. It was Dec. of 1999. So I had her for almost exactly 6 years. Not long enough. She was sweet, kind and always by my side. Ginger made many Scrapbooking friends as she would come to the Scrapbook store to work with me. College students from our town would come to the store just to see the dogs. It made them feel like they were home again. I guess you could say Ginger touched many people in different ways. When I first brought her to the store I realized she did not like men. Probably due to the fact that her previous mommy was a single woman also. Ginger got over the men thing somewhat when she realized the men would play with her too. She had separation anxiety. When I would leave she would freak out thinking I was never coming back. I did this layout after she passed but I made it as though she was still with us. This was also one of my Hall of Fame entries for 2007. I did change the journaling to typewritten so it would look much cleaner.

Journaling is as follows:

I wanted a Pomeranian for so long. There were a few breeders that offered to sell me one cheaper than they normally sold for. At the time I was not sure why I kept saying NO. Then one morning, while getting ready for work, the Humane Society was on the radio talking about some of their adoptable dongs. All I heard was "This is a Pomeranian named Ginger." I call the radio station, the first words out of my mouth was, "I want that dog." I went after work to meet you. I loved you instantly. You were so shy and sweet. I could not believer someone could give you up at 6 years old. You came home with me. We were immediately best buddies. You hate to leave my side. When you smile I feel loved all over. When you fall asleep in my arms, it's like heaven. When you act like you haven't seen me in years I melt. I am so glad I was listening to the radio that morning.

I miss her soooo much!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry that you lost her, but that layout is a wonderful tribute. Pets really do have a way of making their imprint on your heart.

John,Diane and their family said...

I miss her too, I met her just a few times. She was cool

Bonita Rose said...

such a beautiful post... I loved reading it.. pets are special, no question... hugsya

Brenda Smith said...

I will never forget the look of desperation on your face as I followed you to the vet emergency hospital. It was the most desperate feeling of there is nothing I can do for her. I'm grateful I was there, I was able to say goodbye to Ginger, she was my friend.

Jaime said...

I always liked Ginger the best out of all the pets that would come into the scrapbook store. So sad she's gone.

kat said...

i am so sorry for your loss.
i enjoyed reading your posts about ginger and about the retreat in her memory. i can see that she was a very special dog.