Tuesday, May 8, 2007

If Only

this is sooooo random. 2 peas challenge today is to complete the sentence. "if only_________. If only we could have won. HUH? Nikki, Brenda, myself, Mary Gail, Clair, Ana Cabrera (some of you may know her as editor of Scrapbook Answers magazine and now a CKU professor) , and a couple other ladies formed a dorm when we went to Creating Keepsakes University back in 2005 San Jose. Now, we had to decorate our door to compete for prizes. We created this game on our door that really worked. See the gumball machine at the top? There are also 4 playing pieces at the top as your game pieces.
This is a close up of the squares you land on. The little black spots are Velcro so you game piece will stick in place. You can see the spinner on the left. Notice the tube that goes from the gumball machine to the bottom of the door.
Now, can you see the tube ends just above a bowl? Once you get to the end of the game you can take a penny out of the envelope and put it in the gumball machine. The gumball will travel through the tube to the bowl for your prize. Each of the game squares had a scrapbook star with a saying. The object was to get to CKU. One of the prizes was for most interactive door.

This is the door that won. Survivor CKU. That is all great and everything. It was very clever. But all you had to do was read the question and lift the card for the answer. Now, I ask you, which door is REALLY most interactive? I am not bitter I just think ours was.
Sorry, I needed something to post about so this was it. I know it's random. But whatever!
Have a creative day.

5 comments:

toners said...

Yours is an excellent idea! I love how it is interactive :)

Brenda Smith said...

Can we tell the story about making the door. Let's see, there's the one about Nikki locking her keys in her car (again) while going to get the plastic tubing. What about how we hung the door game on the bathroom door at our scrapbook store so we could make sure it worked. You had chips in one hand, pennies in the other. All I hear was "pffff" and the sound of a penny hitting the ground. I looked at you and said, "you did not do what I think you just did?" That was followed by about 20-30 minutes of rolling on the floor laughing! SO Debbi, how do pennies taste? As good as chips?

Colleen said...

All I can say is WOW! Now there's creativity!

nikki peterson said...

and remember when i locked my keys in my car...all i had was 2 gumballs (to test in the tube) and i called and said..."my keys are locked in my car, i'm freezing, and all i have are 2 gumballs to eat!"

haha good times!

Jill said...

Looks like fun!!!!!