Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh My The Girl Cooked



The Girl NEVER cooks. EVER! What the heck. All of a sudden she is on this "gotta learn to cook" kick. About time as she is almost 20. I have been trying to get her interested forever. Growing up, I was baking cookies at a very young age. I could not understand why Jen did not want to do the same thing. She fried her 1st egg on Easter of this year. Seriously.





So last night she made Venison nachos. Now, for one of your first meals that is pretty creative. AND it turned out sooooo good. I am very proud of her.


Doesn't it look so yummy? Nikki missed out on a great meal she would have loved. Sorry Nikki.













This is Jen eating her creation. She found the recipe online. After she called and told me she needs hamburger helper to put the ground Venison in. I hate hamburger helper and I do not buy it. Gross.

Now if she could just stop yelling "I cook great" at the top of her lungs as she eats, it would be all good.













This is Jen's boyfriend Matt eating his serving or servings. We got the ground Venison from his mom. Thanks Mom! He totally loved it and was also very proud of Jen.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Congrats to her and I guess it's one of those better late than never deals! My 3 year old likes to cook now, but sometimes it just means it takes twice as long to do anything. Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad he's interested! Let us know what else she gets cookin'!

Bonita Rose said...

congrats to her... mind u, i hate venison never eat the stuff but hey whatever you like! good for her!

Lynn said...

Wow, congrats to Jen. I think it is better late than never kind of things. Its pretty funny, all my boys can and will cook, but my daughter very rarely. I guess its a good thing her boyfriend of 4 years is a chef!

Finding Myself said...

I COOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA