Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Roses



Last night was the last session of Course One for cake decorating. Whew! We FINALLY got to learn the roses. They are sooooo fun. Now keep in mind these are my first six roses. NO practice before putting them on the cake. I think they turned out pretty darn good for my first time.

Next week we start course two. We will learn Royal Icing and all kinds of other flowers. Like mums, daisys, and I dont know what else. But there are a lot. And in the last week we learn how to do a basket weave with the icing. Can't quite figure out how that works. I guess that is why I am taking the classes. Huh?

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks great!

Raquel said...

Your roses look great. It took my quite a bit of practice to get my roses to look like that.

Cathy Pascual said...

great job!!!
do you get to eat all those cakes you make?! yummmmy!

Lynn said...

Ohhhh my! you did a wonderful job on those roses. I think they look great! I really should get back into cake decorating. I was good at it many years ago. Something to ponder.

Maureen said...

Beautiful! From someone who makes these as well, I can appreciate how hard they are to make. I love running a line of coloring down the inside of the cone / syringe to get the petals with tipped edges.... a nice technique on roses.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cake. The roses look GREAT!

Jill said...

Very pretty roses!!!!!