Monday, July 2, 2007

Dresses, Dresses, Dresses


Dress shopping is an adventure. A exhausting adventure. This is the first dress Jen tryed on. She liked it a lot. We told her to hang on she will like others even more.

This was my favorite. The clear beading on it was stunning. Unfortunately she did not like it so much. Red is a very popular color this season. I think every bride there tried this dress on.

Now THIS one she absolutely LOVED. She looked like a princess. Too bad is was $1000.00. Clearly way above the budget Uncle Michael gave us. So she got that out of her head right away.

She totally loved this one too. This was in the running for THE ONE. She just had a hard time deciding.

This is the dress she liked the best online. But after she tried it on she decided it was not as beautiful as the one we ended up getting. All in all we had a great time but towards the end, she got hungry and grumpy. REALLY grumpy. Oh and by the way, mother of the bride dresses are ugly. Seriously. I don't know what I am going to do. Not only am I the mother but I will be her minister too. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Loved being there with you guys! I'm escpecially lucky cause I have a picture of the ONE she decided on, everyone else has to wait!!!

She wasn't that cranky either, she was hungry. If the store would have told us each associate has to help 2 brides at a time, I think the emotions would've stayed in check. Jen was feeling deserted, can't blame her for that (which is why I complained before they even started to get cranky!)

Oh, and by the way, can I mention that Jen is going to be an amazingly beautiful bride. I was choked up seeing her in THE ONE!!!

Jaime said...

The mother of the bride AND the minister? You are going to be a very busy lady.

Can't wait to see pics of "the one" some day!

Lynn said...

Love all the dresses! They are beautiful. I'm sure whichever dress she chose she will look like a princess.
Good Luck finding a mothers dress. My mom always went with a 2 piece. We always managed to find something that looked just wonderful on her.

toners said...

Beautiful dresses! My wedding dress was red :)

Karlyn said...

she looks gorgeous in them all!

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

These dresses are awesome.....I can't wait to the 'the one' that is better than all these. And I hope she did get red in there...that is one of my fav colors. Will keep watching for more updates on everything.