Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cake

Last night I went to my first cake decorating class. The instructor was a little frazzled but we learned. She showed us how to make Buttercream icing from scratch. Now I know how it stays so white. Then she showed us how to frost a cake the correct way. Hmmmmm. I always wondered how it came out so good when other people did it. We played a little with the decorating bags. When I say play I meant play. 5 of us all squeezing frosting onto the same cake at the same time. It turned out pretty ugly. I wish I had my camera. THEN...........we got to eat it. It was sooooo yummy. Next week.....I have to take my own cake and frosting to learn some technique. So fun...

Uploaded some layouts on SIS this morning. Sometimes I hate sharing my work for fear of not being liked. I need to do something different. My style is lacking latley. I wanna be Nikki. Her style ROCKS.....

3 comments:

John,Diane and their family said...

where did you take the class at? I have lots of cake decorating stuff...I used to do it too.

Jill said...

Oh I was a cake decorating class drop out...I liked it but for some reason I could only go to half the sessions. The main thing I remember was thinking "WOAH! icing is made out of that stuff!?!?!? Oh my gosh, I gotta stop eating that!!!!!!!" Which is a shame, 'cause it's really the only part of cake that holds any interest for me...

Maureen said...

Ah, my mom and I took cake decorating back in the 80's....so much fun. But beware, we ended up buying all the tips, the case, the colors, the spreaders, the syringes...but I must say, I still use it all. I was the go-to person in our friends circle whenever there was a special occasion... but I loved it!