Tuesday, July 24, 2007

clown cake


Yep! Made me a cake. A couple co-workers and myself have been taking cake decorating classes at a local craft store. We have been having a great time and learning so much. Last night we learned how to do star flowers (mine need some serious practice), shell boarders and these oh so cute clowns. I just love them. they have so much personality.

When I got home there were 5 young adults in my house. The cake pretty much got devoured. And here I promised a couple people at work I would bring them a piece. I do have two small pieces left.

I had ONE bite. Just to see how it tasted.I don't have an oven so I made it in the toaster oven. It worked. The cake tasted great. Not dry at all. Don't worry too much. I promise Jen's wedding cake will be made in a real oven.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

But just maybe leave the clowns off the wedding cake...

J/K...

Looks so cute! Great job!

Colleen said...

Wow! Awesome job...yeah and the clowns might not be quite right for the wedding cake!! hee hee Or maybe they are depending on how you feel?? lol

Brenda Smith said...

I was thinking the same thing about the clowns and the wedding cake!

This cake looks good! Very cute! Practice practice practice! Escpecially if you have a wedding cake to make in less than two months!!!

nikki peterson said...

still haven't found the # of the alteration lady... but i did find my wedding idea book that i made and i have some great pics of some amazing cakes... you should look at them!

Rachael said...

Oh my, so cute!!

Jill said...

Oh that looks YUM!!! So you didn't save me a piece I guess that means.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Ok....why is it you do not have a regular oven? My vote is to leave the clowns off the wedding cake also.....maybe you can get some GI Joe's? LOL! JK The cake looked good....I am envious