Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Boys Are Dumb


Sunday I was sitting at the computor minding my own business. Matt and his best friend, Brian,are out on the back deck doing who knows what. I was not really paying attention. But then I hear what sounds like two brothers bickering. This could not be happening. So I try to listen. I say try because I really am hard of hearing.

This is what I do hear.

"tap tap tap" giggle giggle
"STOP it"
giggle giggle tap tap tap
"Gimmie that"
tap tap tap tap giggle
"STOP" (insert profanities here)
LOL LOL whack whack

Ok, I gotta see what they are doing. I see matt with a stick about 4 feet long sitting in one chair with this devilish look on his face. He is whacking the stick on Brian's leg over and over again and laughing.

Brian, of course, is trying to stop him but giggling too. They both have grins from ear to ear. The harder Brian tries to stop him the fiercer Matt becomes. Matt was REALLY whacking him hard. Over and over. I could not believe they were doing this and enjoying it. But they were. They were having FUN.

The wierder part about is it they are both 21. Not two little boys. Grown (well trying to grow) men. I have never raised boys but doesn't this stop at some point in the growing process? I mean, are boys always this way? Watching them, I realized that I really am glad I only had one girl.

Boys are dumb!

6 comments:

Lana said...

Aman! LOLOL!

Colleen said...

Too funny and what a great story!

Heather said...

Having one little one of my own (not dumb yet, fingers crossed) and a husband (yup, does dumb stuff like you described) and taught countless 7-10 year old boys... your conclusion is right on! Boys are dumb and that stuff NEVER ends! To their credit though, they area mostly entertaining!

Unknown said...

ROFL! Nope......it doesn't stop!

Anonymous said...

Thank god I have a girl!!
One name comes to mind "Michael" he is still very playful and in his 30's. I think it comes down to having extra energy and missplacing it, by rough housing. Or male bonding perhaps???
Tina

Jill said...

Two boys must be SO different from a boy and a girl!