Sunday, July 1, 2007

And People Wonder


I called my dad a couple nights ago to give him some exciting news. This is how the conversation went.
Me: What are you doing.
Dad: Oh, I am standing outside the bathroom, your moms taking a shower. When she is done she is going to call my cell phone to let me know she's ready to get out. Then I gotta go to the office to get the lady to check the bathroom and make sure no one is in there so I can get your mom out."
Me: (confused) "Where the heck are you?"
Dad: We're camping. Been gone for a month"
(now the whole thing made sense. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. My mom is really sick, so he has to help her do things.)
Me:"Oh, well I have two bits of really great news."
Dad:"What?"
Me:"Ok, well, Jennifer (my daughter) is getting married."
Dad:"Really? I knew that. I dreamed it."
Me: "no you didn't."
Dad:"yes I did"
Me:"no you didn't!"
Dad: "yes I did. September right?"
Me:'how did you know that?"
Dad: "I told you I dreamt it"
Me: "No, you didn't"
Dad:"Yes I did. Whats the other news?'
Me:"Oh, Jennifer just joined the Marines."
Dad:"I knew that too."
Me:"How?"
Dad:"I dreamt that too."
Me:"No you didn't"
Dad:"yes I did"
Me:"No you didn't"
Dad:"yes I did. I dreamt she joined the armed forces. Marines or Navy."
Me:" no you didn't"
Dad:"YES, I did."
Me:"no you didn't"
Dad:"yes I did. I gotta call you back in case your mom is trying to call me. Be sure to tell Jennifer I dreamt all that. She will think it is weird."
Me: "Ok, call me back and I will tell her."

We hang up. Jennifer comes home from a very long day. I had dinner ready. While we are eating the conversation goes like this.

Me:"Oh my gosh Jen. You wont believe it. I called Grandpa Young tonight. I told him about you getting married and the Marines. He said he knew and that he DREAMT it all. Isn't that the weirdest thing ever?"
Jen:(as her head pops up to look at me.)"What!"
Me:"yea, I know, too weird. Grandpa dreamt the whole thing!"
Jen: (she smiles and shakes her head) "MOM, I told him."
Me:" WHAT!"
Jen:"I told him."
Me:"When? You NEVER call your grandpa?"
Jen:"A couple weeks ago."

I just stare at her and then it hits me.......he was pulling my leg the whole time....He actually got over on me AGAIN....I couldn't believe he did that. Then Matt pops up and says...

"NOOOOWWWW I know where you get it from"

I still can't believe he can do that to me after 46 years. Now I gotta think of a way to get him back the big brat. The worst of it is.....I ALWAYS believe him. I should know better by now.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Hah! What a great story; what a great Dad... he's got a wonderful sense of humor. I would just love to hear how your NEXT conversation with him went!!!

jillconyers said...

I love that story =)

Stacey said...

Great story! Makes me miss my dad more!

Theresa said...

Too funny! I think I'd have to come up with a really weird dream of mine own to share with him.

kat said...

how funny! i'd believe it too.

Lynn said...

lol, very cute. That is something my dad would try to do to me. Sometimes it actually still works.

Jaime said...

So cute.

Darcey said...

How funny! TFS!