Saturday, June 30, 2007

Marine "Welcome Ceremony"


Yesterday Jennifer had her "Welcome Ceremony" into the Marines. It was really not a big deal but to me it was a "HUGE DEAL. They went through the booklet full of information and the training schedule she has to put herself on before she goes to boot camp. Then Staff Sargent Ramos taught her how to stand at attention as he read her Certificate. She looks so cute.



This is to certify that JENNIFER N. FOUST has successfully passed the required mental, moral and physical examinations and has been accepted for enlistment in the Delayed Entry Program of the United States Marine Corps.

The defense of our country and our freedoms is the duty and privilege of every citizen. The Marine Corps has a proud tradition of outstanding service to our county in peace and war.

Voluntary membership in this elite military organization is a clear demonstration of the American qualities of patriotism and loyalty."


I was trying to explain to Brenda last night how I felt about this. I don't think I can really explain it fully. You know how you feel proud of your child for such things as graduating High School or College. Now intensify that feeling by about 10. That is maybe an indication of how I feel.

My Nephew Matthew, now known as "Petty Officer Phrampus" joined the Navy. When I went to his boot camp graduation I gained so much respect for the boys and girls who volunteer to fight for our freedom. I was sooooo proud of him. But the proudness you feel for your own child doing this is so strong it is unexplainable.

Matthew used to be my #1 HERO. Sorry pal, move over, there is a new #1 HERO in my world. Now he is my #2 Hero. All of the other military personnel are Hero's too in my book. I am in awe of all our troops. They have so much more Courage, will power and drive than I will ever have in my life. They are willing to Die for our freedom. That is just mind boggling to me.

Now that I am a Marine MOM, I have a new respect for all other Military MOMS. Thank you for giving up your child for all United States Citizens. We have more Courage and strength than most mothers will ever experience. I never realized how important the MOM is until now. You too, are now my HERO. Thank you MOMS for raising these amazing kids.

PS......"YES" I am a blubbering idiot as I write this"

5 comments:

John,Diane and their family said...

Wow congrats Deb and Jen

Darcey said...

Congrats to you and your family. That is something to be proud of!

nikki peterson said...

i am proud of her too. this is going to be really good for her. I love the new hair color too!

Anonymous said...

Your mom said it best.
Thank you!!!
You will be in our prayers everyday, and loving thoughts will be sent your way everyday.

Love ya!!
Tina & Kay

jillconyers said...

Our country thanks you and your daughter!