Thursday, June 21, 2007

Explanation in Order

I was laughing all day yesterday. Thank you all for making that happen.

Yesterdays challenge on Two Peas was to blog a wordless post. Meaning a picture that speaks words for itself. Now I have to fess up.

The picture is NOT a pregnancy test. I knew you all would think it was. But it's NOT. I repeat again......NOT a pregnancy test. That is actually a menopause test. Didn't know those existed did you? Neither did I until I went to the drug store to pick up feminine things for my daughter.

I saw the box and thought, "huh? No way! I am going to get one." There are two tests in the box. You do one and then the other two weeks later to confirm the results. The following morning I found myself peeing on a stick. Never thought I would be doing that in my life. 20 min. later I check the results.

"WHAT? How can it be NEGATIVE? You mean it's going to get worse? That can not be possible."

Those of you that know me know I have been going thru major mood issues and night sweats (yea, those are wonderful) and hot flashes for a couple years now. So not a happy time trust me. Now I am finding out I am NOT in a pre menopausal state. What the heck?

I read the directions again. "OH, OK. I still have another chance." The second test is there because even if the first one comes out negative the second one could come out positive. Which would mean I am still menopausal. "Whew! that makes me feel a little better." I would hate to think I have been feeling the way I have for no reason.

I had a great time yesterday watching all of you think I, or Jen, was prego. Too funny. I got numerous comments, phone calls and emails. One such caller even called my daughters fiance demanding to know what was going on. Imagine his surprise and confusion as he had no idea I had posted "The Stick."

I did learn a couple of things through this whole process.

1) I am apparently a raging biotch for no reason.
2) Things are not always what they seem.
3) I can still play a good practical joke.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Very cute. I didn't know that they had tests for menopause either. I'll have to check it out. I know how difficult it is going through all this. I've been going through it for almost 13 years. Funny thing, my blood tests from my dr's always show that I'm in menopause but I'm still getting a visitor every month. I just wish it would end already. Good luck with your next test. Hoping its positive,lol

Jaime said...

Oh, you are evil. No baby hats for you!

But I hope that everything with Jen turns out well. I wish you both the best.