Friday, June 22, 2007

Cake Bake Off


My work had a cake bake off as part of our Nascar Contest. The overall winning team of the entire contest goes to Nascar this weekend. THIS is the cake Team Jimmie Johnson (my team) came up with. I made the cake. Notice the Chipboard (scrapbook material) on the cake? The logo was created by cutting a template and using spray food coloring. I had never tried this but it came out pretty good.

This is the overall entire display. No other team did anything even close to this. My whole team was pretty impressed with ourselfs. The race track around the cake actually worked. And notice the parking lot to the left. We iced the entire base, spread coconut on it and sprayed it green to create the grass.

There was even a winners circle with Mr. Jimmie Johnson and his woman. We took Nascar Barbies's outfit and stuffed Ken into it. When I say stuffed, I mean STUFFED. The outfit is open about a inch in the back.

We even had the grandstands and the beer booth made from a beer can. One of our guys on the team made both of these. I was pretty impressed he did such a great job.

Even the pit crew was represented. Pretty great huh? We won the trophy for the most creative cake. Our team did not win the overall contest. However, I still get to go to Nascar. Woo-Hoo. One of the winning co workers invited me to be her date. I am very excited. The luxury bus will pick us all up at 8:00 am on Sunday. We will each get spending money for the day. Can I just say I LOVE the company I work for? We have contests like this all the time. We have even sent employees to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did not win!!! That was fantastic!!

Rachael said...

You didn't win? What a cool cake and display!

Jill said...

Wow!!! I'm another one who thought for CERTAIN the end of the post would announce you having been the winner! Such a great cake & set up...did it take forever & a half?!?