Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Little Navy Girl


My Little Navy Girl Julia came home on leave for a week. It was soooooo great to see her. She looks fabulous. Lovin the new hair and the skinny minni.

She is in A School right now. Usually Navy Seamen are not allowed to go on leave until they get stationed. Julia is one of three Seamen that were granted leave while still in A School (job training). Her brother who is a Marine is being deployed. They let her come home to be with him before he leaves. What a surprise this was for us.

Julia is one of the sweetest girls I know. A kind heart anyone would love to have. She just ouzes kindness. The best part is she considers me her other mom. She called right after she got back to base to let me know she was safe. She also surprised me by inviting me to her A School Graduation. She said I was just as much a part of her family as her real family.

How sweet is that? I am so honored. I wish I could go. I can't because she gradusates the same weekend that Jen is leaving for boot camp. There is NO WAY Jen is going to allow me to not be with her during her last days as a civilian. Just NO WAY. I will be with Julia in spirit. I miss her so much.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Enjoyed your post...thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

Very sweet & she's so pretty too! :-)

Brenda Smith said...

Why don't you and Jen both go? I know Julia has been such a great friend to Jen and has helped out so much. I think it would be a great tribute to her friendship to be there when she graduates, it's such a huge achievement!

Debbi said...

Brenda--we can't both go. Jen is leaving for boot camp the same weekend if not the same day. I am pretty sure the Marines are not going to let her put it off any longer.