Thursday, August 23, 2007

Morning


Cookie wanted to say good morning to everyone. This is what she looked like before I cut her hair. Yep, you might say she is cute. But I tell you when that hair gets all dirty and then it starts to get all matted. It's not so cute. That is when she needs a doggie makeover. See my last post about the makeovers. I can not wait until she looks like this again. Seriously, much better than all hacked up.

I feeling much stress these days. A wedding 3 weeks away, Jennifer leaving for boot camp in 7 weeks. And the mortgage industry has never been more stressful. Especially my job. We can not get stuck with any of these loans investors are starting to discontinue. If we get stuck with them, that is when we will start to get into financial trouble like so many other companies out there.

Here is a great example. Yesterday we had a loan that we were trying to fund. I could not let the funders fund it because it still had outstanding conditions to be satisfied in order for me to sell the loan to the investor. This particular loan was under a program that will no longer exist as of tomorrow. Which means the investor will not buy it after tomorrow. This loan is for $700,000.00.

The loan officer and the processors are pushing for this loan to get funded without the necessary conditions. One of which was showing a $20,000 lien had been paid before we close, evidence of closing cost of almost #300,000 and a 12 month mortgage history on a previous mortgage. Also, if we did not fund tomorrow the original note would not make it to the Warehouse bank quick enough to get sent back out to the investor by Friday AND we would not get the final HUD in time from the Escrow company.

I had to get involved and tell the loan officer and the processor's and their manager "NO" we will not fund this loan without all of these conditions in hand. They are not used to me getting in the way of funding a loan. So, of course, all heck breaks loose. I finally went to my boss, who is the president of the company, and told him what was going on. Thankfully he trusts me enough to stand behind my decision.

After about 3 hours of being stubborn, I finally won. They got us all of the conditions just in time to fund the loan. WHEW! Now why could they have not done that in the first place? Now the loan is funded and I still have two more days of hell to get this loan purchased by the investor or we will still be stuck with a $700,000.00 loan. I am confident I will get it done by today. One day early.

NO, I am not under any pressure. And this is just one loan. Never mind all of the other ones outstanding right now. No pressure at all. HELLO????????

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww...((HUGS!!)) I hope stress and pressure gives you a break pretty soon! I can't imagine doing the job you're doing...they'd probably have to commit me to the nut house within hours of starting. Yikes! Anyway...((HUGS!!)) again.

Alyssa said...

Good luck with the loan situation...sounds like major stress to me. Cute pup BTW!