Friday, August 17, 2007

Eye Candy


I love my ribbons. Don't use them as much as I used to but that is going to change. I gotta start using them again. I have so many more that I gotta wind and put into the cases.

I am working on a couple new classes for The Scrappery in Cotati. I am most excited about the acrylic wall hanging I will create this weekend. I think/hope it turns out really cute.

The Scrappery is going to be doing "Scrappy School" once a month at the store. On a Sunday. You can sign up to spend the whole day with 4 fabulous instructors. Can't tell you what we will be working on yet. Your day will be filled with fun and learning. AND you get to take away 4 to 8 really great finished projects. Gonna be so fun. Get a hold of The Scrappery if you are interested. www.thescrappery.blogspot.com.

I am also adding the altered All My Memories tote to the class list. This was so fun to create. I thought some of you would want to learn how to make your totes unique and truly your own work of art. It's easier than you think and I will be there to walk you through the whole process.

Now, for a little bit of a bummer. Remember when I told you the day was not going to be so good. Well, it wasn't. My full time job went through downsizing that day. It was really tough to see people leave that had been working with the company for so long. We laid off 11 people. It was a sad day for sure. I am very lucky to still have my job. Keep your fingers crossed we don't have to downsize more. Mean while I will kick myself in gear yet another notch so if it comes time again I will know I did beyond my best.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that you still have your job. That can be a scary situation.
The scrap classes sound great!

EquineSpirit said...

LOVE your collection of ribbon...very pretty!! Glad you still have your job!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

That sucks to hear about the downsizing, but I'm glad that you didn't lose your position too. That would be way worse, but I'm stating the obvious here.

I looooove how pretty the ribbons look all in neat rows!