Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yep.....I WON the challenge

Well, I won a challenge finally. Red Velvet Art put out a challenge to create an UGLY DOLL.

Now, I did not know what an UGLY DOLL was. One of my best friends, Brenda, double challenged myself and other Best friend Nikki to complete the project. I worked on my doll for 6 hours on Saturday and then another 2 hours on Sunday. The entire time I was thinking "why am I doing this" My scrapper friends and my co-workers were really thinking I was crazy and "whats the use of an UGLY DOLL." I was having a hard time explaining it. I don't think I did a very good job. They all just kind of rolled their eyes like they were thinking "OK....Debbi is just being Debbi again."

So I upload my doll to the blog the contest was on. They promised an update the next day. I swear I must have checked that blog 100 times that day. I finally gave up thinking that they would do it the following Tuesday. About 10:20pm that night Brenda called me telling me I had won. I thought she was lying (she pulls my leg like that a lot). She swore on her children, husband, dogs and triple pinky sweared me. So, I go to the computer, waiting....waiting....waiting it finally comes up and SCREAM jumping up and down. I am so excited to win this contest. I will get Red Velvet Girls first monthly kit for free. No clue what is in the kit but I can hardly wait until it arrives. It's gotta be good.

2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Woo Hoo! You won! And you create a blog! I'm soooooo happy!

Tina Miller said...

"What an ugly doll" That's great you WON, congrats! Loved the creativity, as always!