Friday, April 27, 2007

Fugly Friend Bear


I whipped this Fugly Friend out last night in about 2 hours. Not one of my favorite dolls. However, one of my co-workers had requested a Bear. He even paid me for it already. I had my pig and the teal ones in my hand when he walked by. He asked how much and I said $20.00. He said"whew!" like it was too much. Then the girl standing there told him I make them. He turned and said "you make these? I want a bear for my grandaughter, here's the money." That was my first lesson in people will pay more for something if it is hand made.
Yesterday, in the afternoon, he informs me he needs it this weekend to give to his grand daughter, who is 2 years old. How cute is that? So, I only had last night to work on it. Talk about creating under pressure. Whew!
I think it turned out cute though. I hope he likes it.
Now I have 5 more orders to work on. Gotta do another Pig, a cow, a hula something, pink and black something, and I forget what the other one is. I have it written down at work.
Have a creative day!

2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Awww. This looks like something a two year old would love. I can tell you had an idea of who it is for. Turned out so cute! Love the eyes! Let us know what he thinks of it, better yet, what the 2 year old thinks of it! Maybe he could take a photo of her holding it, how cute would that be?!

RachelDenbow said...

These are so fun!