Saturday, January 19, 2008

He did NOT!!!!!!

This man comes to my register last night. He was probably about 35, had not shaven in a couple of days and his hair was all messy. He was not in shape if you know what I mean. You know the pot belly that most men get when they get older. His shirt was at least 10 years old, stained and had a hole in it. Underneath the shirt there must have been another shirt holding something in the chest pocket as it was protruding. He had salt and pepperish colored hair with a chubby face. His hands were dirty like he was a mechanic or something along those lines. Overall, he was not someone I would be attracted to.

What happened next is what made this man "My Customer of the Day". He was purchasing some cold medicine. For some of you that don't know, we have to ID people who buy cold medicine to be sure they are 18. The register itself prompts us to ID the buyer. His friend noticed the register prompting me and asked why we ID for cold medicine. I told him why and my man says "Come home with me and I will show you my ID".......................

My head screams """""WHAT? He did NOT just say that!!!!!!!!""""
I try to ignore the comment. I tell him his total is $23.63.

Wait it gets worse...................

He puts his payment on the counter. $23.65. All is good right? NO! In my head I am thinking the total was $23.69. So I look at him waiting. He looks back and says "thats it". I shake my head a little like I am a dork and say.........."Ohhhh, I was thinking 69" (like in 69 cents) his friend starts to laugh and so does he.

My head screams """"""CRAP! I did NOT just say that!!!!!!!""""

I try to ignore it but then he says "And why where you thinking 69?"

My head screams """""OH MY GOSH! get this man OUT of my line. Seriously, do I LOOK like I would be attracted to you? GO AWAY NOW!Ewwwwwwwww!"""""""

I ignored his comment, gave him his 2 cents change with my head down and moved on to the next customer. That was such a BIG Ewwwwwww. Gross. He may have been missing some teeth too. Not sure on that one. I was totally grossed out.

4 comments:

china59 said...

ROTFL ! Ok, that guy was totally gross, but that kind of reminded me of one of my most embarrassing moments when I was working for a christian association at a christian Uni (yes, the detail is useful)? Well, anyway, we had this phone number with a 69 somewhere in the middle. And once a guy from the tech dpt asked for our office phone number, and I said, "oh, I can't remember it". So he found it in his files and I said "oh, yes, that's it, usually I go all the way to 69 (meaning I can remember it so far)but..." and then I just babbled and had to go out, banging my head on the walls as I went ! lol !

Helga Marie Bee said...

LOL, too funny, ever notice that our mind goes there even when we don't want it too.... at least he left, and was not waiting when you walked out the door :)

Jaime said...

ew!

Unknown said...

I love your work stories lol
Oh and THANKS for your comments :) appreciate them :)