Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time for the Count Down

I made this Advent Calendar for a class to teach at The Scrappery. So far it has taken 9 hours to design, and really, it's still not done. Little tags still have to be made and ribbons connected to put into each envelope.

The entire thing is mounted onto Canvas which I painted and then stamped on with bubble wrap. Loving the bubble wrap lately. I used last years Basic Grey Christmas papers. The letters and the numbers were cut out with my Sizzex. The word Christmas, the light bulbs, Snow Man, Holly berry, lights on the tree, the snowflake and the number 25 are covered with Glossy Accents to help them pop.

Each of the envelopes, template made by me, are distressed with dashes around the edges to make them look stitched on to the canvas.

I like the outcome of the project. But, heck, that is a lot of time for a two hour class. We wont be able to finish it in class so I have started to create instructions for the project. That is not a small feat. And then I still need to recut and package up the bits and bobs for each envelope. Yep, thinking this is gonna take another 9 hours. What was I thinking?

7 comments:

Jan C. said...

Oh goodness, you have got your work cut out for you, don't you. But it's awfully clever. I think your students are going to love this project!

Jessica Turner said...

This is really cute!

Janet said...

It's beautiful!! Just love the design. I teach sb classes, too, so I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to design time! Been there, done that, too many times. And instructions? Takes me hours to write them! But your students will appreciate it! Great work! Janet

Sherry said...

Great calendar. Great blog.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

that is awesome! Can't wait to see it finished - and I bet neither can you :)

luv2scrapmilestones said...

love love your calendar. I have got to make one of these. I think they are such a cute project and wow my kids would love it. I have to find more time -- how??!!!

wendi

Maureen said...

Wow, it looks incredible... good thing you started early. Beautiful!