Monday, November 26, 2007

More album and Black Friday

Thought I would post more of the Baby Album I was asked to complete. But I would rather tell you about Black Friday. I got to work at 6am. The line to get into the store was clear down by Burlington Coat Factory. The parking lot was full. Holy smokes that is a lot of people. We had coffee outside for the guests that were in line. Inside the store I go.
They put me on an express register because I am so new there. They did not want me to get over whelmed. Ok, that was a good thing. So all of the cashiers are standing there, 15 of us, when they open the doors. It was so cool. Some of the guests started running. But still it was pretty calm. It took 15 minettes to get them all inside the store.
The first person to come to the registers was about 5 minettes later. The madness began. But really, there was not madness. Everyone was in a great mood. No guest had to wait in line longer than 5 minettes to get out of the store. I can not tell you how many guests told me we were the best store and so freindly. It was a great day. So much fun.
I did hear horrer stories of other stores. Lets see. Wallmart guests were fighting in line before the store opened. One guest tried to break through the line with thier car and almost ran over a little kid. Seriously, that is what I heard. At Toys R Us the line to the register was around the perimitor of the store and then did the "S" line thing.
The line for the registers at Kohls was around the store. The guest that told me that walked into Kohls, saw the line, and walked back out. I heard Mervyns was pretty great. Oh and the Santa Rosa Target was not so good from what they said. So, I think I am pretty happy our store was so great. Each Cashier had maybe two people in line to get rung up at a time durring the rush of the morning. After that rush they came straight to the registers again. Pretty cool day.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

retail during the holiday season? Been there, done that, and I think you are totally brave for taking it on. I am glad your day went so well. : )