Monday, November 19, 2007

Burning Buns


Last night we had family night. We watched a movie and ate popcorn as we cuddled on the couch with one blanket. Jennifer has been craving Cinnamon Buns ever since she got home from Boot Camp. So Matt, being the good guy he is gets up and puts them in the toaster oven to bake. All is good. Right? Yep, until his next smart move.

He is at the computer and all of a sudden needs to go to the store. It was late but I got up and loaded the dogs in the car. The entire family takes off to the store. As we are driving down the road I all of a sudden ask Matt. "Did you turn off the oven?" "Ummmmm NO." AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the far left lane. We have already driven all the way out of our complex. (We live in the back with about a million speed bumps). Matt tells me I gotta turn around. Jen tells me to drop her off she will take care of it. Matt tells me to "pull over and Jen can run across the Golf Course to the house." I start to get into the right lane when Jen tells me "No." She does not want to run across the golf course. So I get back in the left lane.

Now I gotta drive a ways to get to the stop light to do a U Turn. Joey the Chihuahua is on my shoulders as usual. I start complaining that it is 10:13 at night and now I gotta take longer. We finally get to the stop light. I am panicking that the house could burn down. As we are sitting there I look in the side mirror. I did not like what I saw and I was not real sure I was seeing correctly. So I tell Matt "get the dog" no reaction "take the dog!" as I push Joey off my shoulders Matt takes him. The light turns green and I turn. BLINK BLINK BLINK. Red and Blue lights start flashing. Dam! I am getting pulled over. Now I am really not a happy camper.

The cop said "I pulled you over because you did an erratic move back there." I agreed and told him the whole story about why I did that. Mind you I am sitting there in my oh so HOT (not) jammies. He looks as though he believed my story and was going to let me go. But then he asked me if I had been drinking and I told him "No Mam" oh my god I just called him Mam. "Sir" crap! What the heck is wrong with me? I just called him MAM! Dumb ass!

So he makes me put my head out the window and follow his finger without moving my head. Great.......now he thinks I am drunk. I pass the test of course. Then he asked for my license. Yep........left it at home as all I did was grab the keys. BAD MOVE! He takes my name and license number and tells me to hold on. Wait....wait.....wait........At which point Jen says......"NICE move mom!" Matt says "I have been there many times." "OK I AM NOT YOU" They both shut up. Kind of!

My "MAM" comes back and says "Debbi?" "yes?" "What are you going to do about your warrant?" "WHAT! WHAT WARRANT?" I am about ready to just die at this point. "you have a warrant out for your arrest for your animals." "WHAT?" Then it hit me. I forgot to pay that stupid fine for the dogs barking. "Oh my god. Are you kidding me?" "I can pay it in the morning. What time do they open?" he tells me they open at 8am and I tell him perfect I don't have to be at work until 9am. "ok. you be sure and do that." He let me go.

All the way home Matt and Jen are like rubbing it in and laughing at me. As you can see the buns burned and we had to go to the store again to get more. I took my purse this time and did not make an irrational move. I am going to the courts on my way to work this morning. I can not believe I forgot to pay that stupid little $100.00 fine. UHG!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Those buns look SO yummy! Ok...maybe not. LOL. Glad that you made it home without getting arrested!

shalay said...

Lol. This is hilarious! Well, I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but at least it made for a good blog post!

Jaime said...

that was fun. To read about, anyway. maybe not so fun to live. You sure that wasn't a script for an episdoe of Friends or something?

Unknown said...

hehe that is funny!!! Sorry ;)
Hey just dropped in to say thanks for dropping by my blog, glad you did because i now have a smile planted on my face :)

alittlebitofscrap said...

So funny! Good story telling. Did she eventually get the cinnamon buns? :)

Jan C. said...

Holy crud, what a crazy road trip that was. Glad he let you off!