Monday, October 8, 2007

Lizzie's 1st Birthday Cake

I had a great time making this cake. It took about 11 hours total including the baking. The cool thing is I used all whip cream. Even for the decorating. I was not sure how that would work as I have never worked with whip cream before. It worked out great. I now know it would not work for something like roses. It is far too thin.

Elizabeth turned one and her mom wanted the cake to not look like a cutsy first birthday cake. We talked about it. She wanted a tiered cake that was off kilter with strips, dots and swirls. Oh......and PINK. This is what we came up with. It was a hit at the party.

I used a 8 inch, 6 inch and a 3 inch pan. Supported it with wooden dowls and wa la! So flippin cute.

10 comments:

toners said...

Beautiful!! What fun!

Heather said...

wow what a great cake. I made a few to this past weekend.
Love the tilt thing, so cool.
Have a great week.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG! That cake is awesome! What a great job you did!

Aimeslee Winans said...

I'm here from 2peas, just had to see that cake. Great job!

Raquel said...

Great looking cake!! You did a great job!

Deanna said...

that cake is yummo! I want that for my next birthday! lol
and AWESOME wedding pics. So touching. I love them.

deanna

a. said...

wow!! what an awesome birthday cake!! beautiful job!!

Janet said...

Holy cow! That is adorable! No wonder it was a hit!! Janet

Jaime said...

yum

kat said...

you make such good cakes. this one is adorable.