Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Little Cuteness


I made these on Saturday for the SIStv crop in Fairfield on Sunday. They were a hit. I used white cake and colored it orange. The icing is Buttercream. I think they turned out rather cute but there was another learning curve for me on these.

As most of you know, my oven does not work so I have been doing all of my cakes etc. in a toaster oven. I did not have a cupcake tin to fit in it. So, I got this great idea to use the new silicone baking cupes. All good so far. Right? Sure! The cupcake paper holders did not fit in the silicone cups. The cups are smaller. So I clip the edge of the paper to make it fit in better. Problem was, the paper still did not go all the way to the bottom of the cup. Most of these cupcakes came out with a rounded bottom and deformed top. Oh well, no time to start over. So I decorated them up anyway. They came out so moist and yummy. I have found a tin to fit in my toaster oven for next time.

My next plans for a cake are BIG. Gonna try something BIG. Can't tell you what yet because it is for a bakeoff at work. I don't want one of my co-workers cheating by reading my blog. I hope it comes out right.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Well regardless of the baking issues you had they turned out darn cute!

nikki peterson said...

they were yummy cupcakes... hey i went to a crop last weekend too but it was in fremont.... :)

Michelle said...

Yummy cupcakes! They look so cute!

WriterGirl said...

those are some gorgeous cupcakes!

luv2scrapmilestones said...

oh my those look so so yummy. And, i bet you guys had a total blast scrappin'.

Colleen said...

These are so totally cute, but now I want a cupcake!!

Yellow Fence said...

These are just about the cutest things I've ever seen!!! I bet they are yummy.

Jan said...

Those are soooo cute!