Thursday, October 11, 2007

Going away Cake


Most of you know my daughter Jenni is going to Marine Boot Camp. Yep, leaving in 4 days. Last night her and Matt decided to have a going away party here in our house. There were about 35 young adults here to show their support for Jen. Her friends love her. This is the cake I made for the occasion. I tried really hard to make it look like the Marine emblem. Didn't quit turn out that way but it's close.

First off lesson one was never use parchment bags for Whip Cream. It's too wet and the bag will bust open on you. Lesson two was if your gonna use black, then put it aside and then use black again, get a new bag. Otherwise your old bag will drip black runny gunk all over your cake. Lesson three was when you run out of plastic decorating bags you can use a sandwich baggie but don't cut the hole too big or your whip cream will shoot out in a big splat right where you don't want it to land. Just wanted to share with you.

Most of Jens friends said they will still come hang out with me even though she will be gone. I believe some of them because they are amazing friends. I will miss her.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Can I use this pic for the interview? It's too funny.

erin said...

what a funny picture! tfs!