Friday, October 5, 2007

Give Me More

This man is going to take Jen away from Matt and I in 11 more days. Yep, Gunnery Sargent Monroe will be taking her to boot camp. He looked amazing at the wedding. He walked me down the isle and then he was one of the men in her life standing along the isle to give her a rose as she walked down the isle. I think one of the dumest questions I heard that day was, "Why are the Marines here." Um, duh, because she is going in the Marines. People crack me up sometimes.
Before the wedding I told my photographers that I wanted pictures of Matt talking to Jen through the door. I am so glad we got these pictures. Matt was sooooooo NOT happy about not being able to see her the day of the wedding. He just could not understand the "tradition" and the "bad luck" thing. To this day he will not tell me what he said to her through the door. Anybody else that was there can't remember. So annoying. I want to know.

Ahhhhh, this is Jen on the other side of the door as Matt talked to her. How cute is that? He made her cry so whatever he said had to be good. From what people tell me Jen got rather impatient after she talked to him. She just wanted to "Get the show on the road." It was taking far to long for her liking.

I LOVE this picture. It was taken right after they talked through the door. I love how they captured this moment. She cried a lot throughout the whole thing. So much so that her eyelash fell off in the middle of the ceremony and landed on her dress. It was kind of funny. I am glad she did not freak out over it. It was what it was.
AHhhhh. The traditional carrying of the bride. They both look so happy. I hope it lasts forever for them. They are rather cute together. Even today they are. The only thing I have noticed that has changed since they got married is that Matt does not make my coffee for me anymore. Hmmmmm..........

8 comments:

Patter Cross said...

I think those "door" pictures are going to make me cry!!!! Oh my! Wonderful! And I pray that boot camp goes well! Is she going to South Carolina I assume? She will need to pop on over to Hilton Head for some shopping and fun if she gets a break! Blessing to you and your family!

Vee said...

awwww...gorgeous pics!! :)

Gwen said...

Pretty pictures!!!!so sweet!!!!!!!!!
xoxo

KarenSue said...

wonderful to get those pics!

Best of luck to them,
my son and dil just 'retired' from Corp active duty and well, marriage is tough for these young kids.


Sounds like they are close to you and your family, and I think that will help ALOT

ChiLLi said...

Great pics!

Heather said...

ahhh these are so great.

Rachael said...

Awwww, I have a tear!!

What beautiful pictures!!

Jaime said...

these are awesome!