Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wedding Cake

I have not blogged in forever and now you can see why. My Daughter Jenni got married to Matt this weekend. These are the only pictures I took myself. Can not wait to see the others. This is the cake I made for them. First off I must say I knew it would take a lot of work but really I did not know it would take as long as it did. There is 17 hours of work in this cake. No joke.
The bottom layer is chocolate with a raspberry filling. The middle layer is white with a lemon kist filling. And the top is both. That way, on their first anniversary they both can still have the cake they wanted for their wedding day.
This was the very first tiered cake I have ever done. The tiering was the easy part. It was the fondant that was hard. Next time the fondant will be better. All in all I think the cake turned out pretty decent for my first one.

I loved that neither one of them had a problem shoving cake in the others face. I did warn them ahead of time to decide if they wanted to do this or not. I have seen many a bride be very upset when the groom did this. It ruins the makeup. But Jen being Jen had no problem what so ever. They both shoved away.

And then they kissed dirty face and all. It was so cute.
The entire day turned out rather nice even if I must say so myself. I did get many compliments on how beautiful it was. Jen was stunning. Matt was so handsome I cried. The decorations in the yard looked awesome thanks to Mary Gail. All of the other decorations (guest book, cake server, etc etc) were altered by me. The food was great thanks to our chef Curtis, Tina, Shannon, Mary Gail and myself. Our DJ was awesome thanks to Justin and our MC Heather. Flowers were perfect thank you to Josie. And the photographs.......I have not seen them yet but I KNOW they got some GREAT shots thanks to Helen, Brenda and Nikki.

Me???????? I am kind of glad it is over. I just wish I could have enjoyed the day more and socialized more. I was so busy it was crazy. Crazy Fun!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cake turned out BEAUTIFUL! I have heard how hard fondant can be! Seventeen hours on a cake is a long time!

It looks like everything went perfectly!

Now, you can sit down and relax a bit, before everyone else that saw how beautiful everything turned out starts calling to ask if you will help with their wedding. LOL

Veronica Starr said...

the cake is AWESOME!!! worth every minute spent on it! congrats!

Darcey said...

Beautiful Cake! Glad everything turned out good:)

Noelia said...

Congrats to your dd and her hubby! You must be so proud!
The cake looks gorgeous! I love the finish and the colours are so romantic.

Maureen said...

Wow, beautiful cake!!!! How lucky are they to have you do all that work for them... now relax, and enjoy the memories.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Wow! that cake is beautiful. Congrats to the newlyweds. :)

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

WOOOHOOO YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY

nikki peterson said...

it was great! you pulled it off! i too am glad it is over.. and proud of you for doing it all!

Jaime said...

So beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Congratulations!