Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Little Creative Space


I have not been creating much at home lately. Nikki and I were discussing why the other night. I think she hit it right on the nose. My stuff is always in my tote in the car because I take it back and forth to the store. I also don't want to pull it all out and make a mess on my dinning room table every night. Because then I would have to clean it all up to eat dinner. Yes, we eat dinner at the table as a family. Always have, always will. I think it's important.

After our conversation, I was wondering what to do what to do? Then I remembered I had given my desk top to my sister about 3 months ago. Hmmmm.....I could clean out the amoire and set it all up to be just my space to create. Most of you know the amazing organizational furniture I have for my stash. But there is just no room to actually scrap.

So Monday I emptied out the amoire of all my pile of hidden junk. Mostly scrap stuff I stuffed in there to hide from the general public. And I emptied out my tote to create myself a little creative haven. Where I can go and mess my little world up and dont have to clean it up if I dont want.

Of course I will clean it up after every Layout. But, if I have to leave in the middle of a layout or something. I can just slide the work top in and close the doors. POOF! No mess left. I am very excited I can work on something any time I want now. One of my favorite features is where the CD's usually go. Well, I put a blank CD in there and created little shelves for my flowers etc. And, the baskets, yep those are just too cute arn't they? What's your space look like?

6 comments:

KarenSue said...

This is sooo cute and a wonderful idea.

toners said...

Great job! I love the color scheme of the containers :)

Sherri said...

Looks great. Have fun creating!

John,Diane and their family said...

Luv it, but are you still comin to crops??

Jaime said...

I have all my stuff in an armoir type piece too! It's in the living room so I can scrap and watch TV, but I don't have to haul all my stuff upstairs at the end of the night (or, let's face it, leave it down stairs as a mess in the living room for a few days. I'm sure my roomate appreaciates my altnerate strategy!)

Vee said...

your space is so clean and organized! :)